Publication Date: September 20, 2022
This anthology features forty talented writers from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, and other surrounding states that represent a unique part of American culture. While this region is often misunderstood as one type of place, the Mid-South belongs to a little bit of everywhere: part Southwest, part Midwest, part South—always wild. Our area of the country is both a space of its own and part of a larger, complicated Southern world: the “Mid/South.” In this collection, poetry, short stories, and essays offer glimpses into this in-between place as they explore the complexities of our relationships to each other as well as to the natural world. Whether through vivid landscapes, family dramas, or bittersweet love stories, each piece brings more insight into what it means to be from around here.
Learn more and order your copy here.
Belle Point Prose Series
The Belle Point Prose Series is an ongoing series of short prose works by Mid-Southern writers. Each print “microchap” features 1-2 brief stories or essays (or a small handful of flash pieces) by a single author.
- September 2022: Sally Thomas (NC)
- September 2022: Jennifer Reeser (LA)
- October 2022: Jane V. Blunschi (AR)
- October 2022: Cassie E. Brown (MO)
- November 2022: Khem K. Aryal (AR)
- December 2022: Kirsten Reneau (LA)
With more on the way! Check out the series here.
Belle Point Chaps
Publication Dates: October 2022-March 2023
Our first poetry chapbook series will be published October 2022-November 2023.
- October 25, 2022: Nikki Ummel, Hush
- November 9, 2022: Kyle Vaughn, The Alpinist Searches Lonely Places
- January 17, 2023: Renee Emerson, The Commonplace Misfortunes of Everyday Plants
- February 21, 2023: Megan Nichols, Animal Unfit
- March 1, 2023: Jack B. Bedell, All the Woods' Wild: The Story of the Swamp Witch of Maurepas